Welcome to Downtown Vancouver
The place to be
Downtown Vancouver is a favourite spot for locals and visitors alike, with something for everyone. Across the many unique neighbourhoods of the downtown area, you'll find an eclectic blend of historic and modern architecture.
No matter what area you find yourself in, there is always something to see, do, eat and drink:
- Walk the historic cobbled streets of Gastown to see the Victorian architecture, fashion boutiques and souvenir shops - don't forget to get a selfie in front of the Steam Clock
- Hit up Yaletown to shop (or window shop) at the quirky shops and boutiques, then stop for a meal in a trendy restaurant and a stroll in one of the waterfront parks
- Hop on a ship for a cruise of the harbour, take a virtual flight over Canada get some Instagram-worthy pics of the views in Coal Harbour
- Take in the colourful flags and rainbow crosswalks of Davie Village in the West End, known for its diverse community of LGBTQ+ residents and visitors. Shop the local independent stores and cafes, grab dinner at one of the multiple ethnic cuisines and then stay for the thriving nightlife.
- Break out your credit cards on Robson Street, Vancouver's premier shopping district. Robson Street is also home to BC Place Stadium, the Vancouver Public Library and the Vancouver Art Gallery.
- Get entertained on Granville Street by going to a show - from a classical performance at the Orpheum to a rock concert at the Commodore Ballroom - or hit the dance floor at one of the many bars and clubs.
- Meet friends for dim sum and then spend a relaxing afternoon in Chinatown's Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden.
Area Population (2016)
Total Private Homes(2016)
Average value of home